Friday, September 5, 2008

The day before

It's about 28 hours before my flight leaves Grand Rapids (to Atlanta, then Vienna) and of course there's still a lot to do. I've got a full day at work. I have a few things to buy. I'm need to design and create a birthday cake for my soon-to-be-5-year-old son (I'll post photos if I like how it turns out). I also promised I'd take him to the local high school football game, something we do almost every Friday night during the fall. He's got a soccer game tomorrow morning. Of course I need to hang out with my wife and 3-year-old daughter too. And I should probably pack. I brought the suitcase upstairs last night, but didn't have a chance to get started...

2 comments:

Patty Cramer said...

Have a marvelous time in Austria. Just remember that Austria is home to Swarovski crystals and I am sure that your wife would love a nice present when you return :)
In Vienna, be sure to tour the catacombs at St. Stephens Cathedral. The horse drawn tour is worth the money. The Sacher torte (buy the real thing at the Hotel) is to die for and they have them boxed so you can bring one home on the plane. Tafelspitz is "boiled beef" and we ate at one restaurant where it was served a half a dozen different ways - every one was excellent! Also while in Austria, sample the white pumpkin soup and bring home some pumpkin oil. Oh yeah, have fun with the balloons as well!

Jeff said...

Thanks Patti - I'm sure Robyn will appreciate the "suggestion".

We'll definitely check out your Vienna recommendations. We're going to drive to Salzburg right after we land and be 100% tourists for a couple days. Then we'll pick up the balloon in Vienna and probably spend a couple more days as 50% tourists, 50% balloonists. By Thursday or so it will be 100% ballooning.