Sunday, September 14, 2008

Semi-live blogging

As you wake up in the US, we're at an "Opening Lunch". Of course, free Gösser beer is being served by the tray, but you have to ask for water. They're currently calling up each country's pilots to receive their nation's flag. They haven't served any food yet, but when they do I have a feeling it that 600 beer-prepped balloonists will make short work of it.


Earlier we stood in some perhaps dangerously overcrowded bleachers with the rest of the pilots and crews for a photo:


Update: The mayor of Hofkirchen just declared that "The banquet is open." If you think balloon race meals in the US are a mad rush, you can't even imagine this. The food looks good from a distance.

Not raining here yet, but the radar still looks questionable for tonight. We killed some time this morning watching Talladega Nights.

Would you like to see a couple photos of my daughter on her first day of preschool (which I missed, photos courtesy of my lovely wife)? If not, too bad. It's my blog. I decide what gets posted.

0 comments: